Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update

Date 10/20/10
         -2 days

An update from my last post.  Not having the documents will not be as much as a hassle as I imagined (treasure the things that have relativ).  Anyway, basically I will just have to leave an envelop with the folks so that they can mail both the FBI CB and US Residency Certificate to the Education Board.  Pretty simple.

Second Update: I have two freaking days!  AHHH!!!!

Third: I've started my good-byes.  The hard ones.  I said bye to my cousin (who lives in DC), and that was hard.  My brother came home from college for his Fall Break and I was able to talk to him a little bit.  It was good.  It's amazing--he's been gone for about 2 months and he's changing (good changes) but still.  My little brother is growing up!  The goodbyes I'm not looking forward to are coming on Friday.  My dad (Tullah, my baby.  Say what you want about saying goodbye to a beloved pet, but she has been companion for these past two years.  While I was in South Carolina for school, she was my family.)  And my parents.  This part is just going to tear my heart out, but hopefully being so excited for being in a foreign country will lessen or distance the pain.  I once had a friend describe the relationship me and my mother share like the Gilmor Girl's mother/daughter one (the younger pair).  We are best friends. Anyway, enough sadness.

Since my brother was home, I took the advantage to hang out with him and CARVED SOME PUMPKINS!  I know, a 23 and 18 year old carving pumpkins might seem a little juvenile, but you don't realize that the things that were fun when you are kids--well, some of theme are still fun!  Plus, being in American for only a few more days makes me realize I need to "overdose" on Americana pop culture.  I've been pigging out on pancakes, hambugers, steaks, (ok, that's all food--not pop culture, but if you were going to South Korea where they like fermented cabbage, you'd obesse over the comfort foods too).  Anyway, I can't think of many more things that scream Americana besides decorating a squash than Halloween.

Here are some pics:

It was so nice that Charlie worked for a knife company this summer.  We had some
premium pumpkin carvers.
Pumpkin guts.  Enough said

Eww...slimey!




My pumpkin was very dry so it became very brittle.  If you can read my 
expression, it says, "It broke."


Yah for toothpicks.  They saved us.  My house didn't turn out as well 
as I had hoped...


Charlie's turn!


Jack-o-laterns!

This one is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment