Thursday, October 21, 2010

10 Reasons Why I Love Packing

Date: 10/21/2010 (My Mom's Birthday)
         -19 hours

What I love about packing....

1.  I get to take only matching socks
2.  That none of my underwear have holes
3.  That it's all about packings, not having enough room, unpacking, trying to decide which is more important (extra t-shirt, pair of shorts, or jeans?) and then trying to cram it all back in the suitcase.
4.  Sitting on a suitcase in order to get the dang-gone zipper to shut.
5.  Realizing that one's whole life sits inside 1 large hard shell suitcase, 1 medium size duffle bag, and a backpack.  And hoping that your luggage doesn't get lost.
6.  Getting the tiny little travel sized portions (so cute!) of soap, toothpaste, etc because if you're going to be on a plane for over 15 hours, I really feel like I'll need to brush my teeth and wash my face.
7.  Realzing that the country one is going to go live in for a year does not sell Kotox so having to buy and find room for a year's supply.  You've never truly been a girl until you have to explain $50 worth of feminine products to the guy checking your receipt out at Costco.
8.  Trying to figure out what to pack in one's carry on for, basically, 4 days worth of travel.  Really, how many crosswords, sudoku's and word-finds can one occupy the time with?
9.   Needing to pack sunglasses, because even though you'll be traveling at night--you'll need something to cover your tears with when you say those final goodbyes.
10.  The # 10 reason why I love packing, is because if your packing cosmetics, toilettrees, and your computer, it means that you are closer than ever to your departure time and it's time to GO!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! Let me know if you need a Kotex refill...or new undies....Costco to the rescue!!You are in our prayers...so many adventures that you can tell your grandchildren about lie ahead......our hearts and thoughts are with you!!! Love mama Anderson

    ReplyDelete