Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Idea

Day -19: Start blog

     So, I've finally started this blog--I've been wanting to start it for a while, and now, finally seem to have a reason.  I get to buy my plane ticket.  In T-minus 19 days, I will be boarding a flight that leaves for (well, Chicago, but ultimately) South Korea.  I get to buy, because my starting teach date is finally legitimized and I have (almost) all my paper work and it seems like this is really real.  I told my dad the other day that it's finally starting to feel real to me (after about 6-7 months of it just being a dream) and he said, "Well, it should!"  

     Anyway, I'm super excited, but also a terrible mess of nerves, anxiety, hopes, and crossed-fingers.  

     Right now I'm pretty tired because I just got back from a "vacation"/weekend trip to go see my lil brother play some soccer at his university in Nashville.  It was a great time to see him--it's actually been almost 2 months--which is just weird that he's been gone that long.  It was my first time to the Music City and it lived up to it's reputation.  I had a blast.  Here are some pictures:

Me and Elvis--The King and I Version 2.0

I'm sorry, Nashville, but really?  Cowboy boots painted grass and sky?

In Centennial Park, with the Parthenon.  May I say:
Athena, I am sorry.



You can tell Americans built this Parthenon--because the Greeks would never make the Goddess of War and Wisdom that ugly.  It would be stupid.


Lake Radnor--gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment