Sunday, October 31, 2010

ARKK Explained

Date: 11/1/2010

I've wanted to introduce this concept a few times and am finally getting around to typing it.  Anyone who's seen Evan Almighty will get the reference.  Evan spends the whole movie building a biblical ark and then finds out at the end of a movie, God was talking a different type of A.R.K.  An Act of Random Kindness. 

Don't ask me how my brain came up with this idea, but one day I was sitting in the car with Ms Kim and she was doing something else that was just absolutely above and beyond the call of during and I thought, "Wow...that's an act of Korean kindness."  The next morning we went to get some passport photos taken and the photographer didn't charge me anything!  And I thought, "What a random act of Korean Kindess." and somehow it all tied back up one night and I remembered the Evan Almighty movie and I suddenly had the perfect acronym: ARKK. 

A ct of
R andom
K orean
K indness

So I want to catalog my ARKKs in my blog.  I want to express my gratitude somehow, someway and I think this is a perfect stage.  Because each ARKK has a story and each story is fun to tell...

So, next time you see the title ARKK it will have a number besides it and you can check in an see different acts of kindness by my fellow Korean people.

No comments:

Post a Comment