Friday, October 22, 2010

Time Zones

Date: 10/22/2010
          -10 hours

So one of the things that has been hurting my brain ever since I bought the ticket was how I'll be able to fly 15 hours, but leave on a Saturday and get there on a Sunday.  I think I may have figured it out.  Let me explain:

I leave Chicago at 1 am Saturday morning.

I get to Seoul at 5 am Sunday morning.

That's, technically, like 28 hours have passed.  

But I go over the international date line, which gets ride of 12 of those hours, right?  I think so.

So, lets compute basic 1st grade math:  28-12=16.

That doesn't totally explain the problem of flying for 15 hours, and getting there "28 hours" later, but it makes my head hurt not so much when I think  about it.  I just know that I'll be traveling alot over these next four days.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels! Hope you get their safe as well as your luggage!

    ReplyDelete