Monday, October 25, 2010

A New Name For A New Teacher

Date: 10/26/2010

Some of you might realized that the name for this blog has changed.  To tell you the truth, I despised the name "The Kimchi Diary" because 1) I'm not even sure I like kimchee, 2) it was so unoriginal, and 3) no illiteration!  But I really didn't know what else to call it.  I was thinking "The Bibimbap Blog" but I can't imagine anyone not familiar with Korean to remember that. 

But yesterday I started teaching and I made a grand discovery.  My name, Maggie, sound exactly like the word for ... CATFISH!  I didn't really understand why all the students thought that my name was funny until Ms Kim, my co-teacher, told me the sound significance. 

So, being the nut that I am, I was able to be poetic (maybe) and renamed the blog. Sorry for any confusion it causes, but I like it much better.  So deal with it. 

In honor of my name sake, I now give you:
a Magi!



No comments:

Post a Comment