Saturday, October 23, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

Date: 10/24/2010

So At like 3.45 this morning they served everyone breakfast on the plane.  I did not stick with my decision to have my first Korean meal on Korean soil because the option was bibimbap (a rice dish, with some thnly sliced meet, and a variety of veggies) or an egg and cheese dish.  I was not going to test eggs on an international flight.  Just did not seem like a smart thing to do.

But that was hours ago!  Like 6 hours ago.  So on the bus ride to Jeonju, we stopped at a rest area to take bathroom break and get some snacks if one so desired.  I desired.  Food--that is.

Here is the rest area:

The Jeong-An Service Area
With some familiar sights: Maxwell Coffee house!  At least the
brand is familiar--if only I could actually read their menu!


How I found the bathrooms: Follow the females, and look for the Red and Blue Images

Anyway, So i was pleasantly surprised: a western-style toilet!

Finding food was a little more difficult.  It was all hot food, except for one little mart.  The bus driver said 15 minutes so I was about 1/2 way through with my time so I grabbed the Breakfast (Part 2) of Champions:

A Strawberry soyjoy bar, Sunkis Lemonade, and Nescafe Coffee


Let's recap the breakfast: soyjoys--not a good choice.  Was like eating dirt.  Nescafe--I waited on drinking until I got to the hotel (about an hour later).  I need the caffine so that I can stay up for the next 11 hours so that I can start getting adjusted to the time change.  Don't judge.  You would need it too.  And I got the lemonade--which was delicious--because of the advertising:

A Crisp and Mild Lemon makes you feel Fresh

 And I needed to feel fresh because after all that traveling (and still about 1 hour to go) I was feeling pretty grungy.  Waxy and oily.  Not a fun combination.  But with the lemonade--I was told I'd feel fresh!  What do you think? Did it work?:

On my way to Jeonju!

1 comment: