Monday, December 20, 2010

Super Cool Technology

Date: 12/1?

It was two weeks ago that I got invited to the ROK bar for the first time.  I had not been to bar street and I basically only knew a vague location, as in, "it is over that way..." [wave hand to left].  That did not inspire much confidence for going to meet some new people at the bar for the first time, at night.

I mentioned to Ms Kim that I had no idea where I was going, AND that the ROK is basically really new so I'm not sure a taxi would know where to go.  She quickly went over and asked other Korean teachers if they knew the ROK bar.  Unfortunately, none did.  But Sung Sik did hop on his computer and do something pretty neat: Street View.

All the teachers piled around:

Street view.

There is a small picture of "where you are in your city" at the bottom left corner, and you can pick to go forward, left or right at stop signs.  You can move your 'view' so that you can look down streets or at the buildings' sides.  It is pretty cool.
 This was something new to a lot of teachers.  Sung Sik is in his glory showing off this feature.

Unfortuantely, the ROK was too new for the CCTVs to actually have uploaded it onto the internet.  So in the end I ended up meet Sarah for coffee at a cafe that we knew was on bar street and then walking to meet Lindsay.  But still, the technology is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment