Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas at Mr Pizza

Date: 12/14

My friend Sarah and I went to Mr Pizza for dinner the other night.  Like most stores it has been decorated for Christmas.  It just made me smile because sometimes at school and home you can really feel like Christmas is another month or so away.  I canNOT believe that Christmas is like 4 days away.  It is crazy!  But Mr Pizza did a pretty sweet job of decorating and it made me smile.

We ordered the Hawaiian pizza.  Pineapple and ham--all the way!

These sweet pickles they serve when the waiter comes to your table.  We usually smile, put on our "embarrassed Waygook face" and say sorry, and give them back.  They just kinda gross me out--I've eaten one.  But I don't really like pickles at home and I don't really like pickles here and, darn it!, I don't want to eat them. 
 I was facing towards the area where the pizza was being made and, to my delight!, I realize the pizza maker man is wearing a santa hat!  I think I made a goof out of myself by going over and taking a picture of him.  You can see in the reflection of the glass that servers are watching me.

He is making a sweet potato mousse pizza.  They put sweet potato mousse in the crust like how Americans put stuffed cheese.  It is sweet, but really good.  Its really one of those, "Only in Korea" Moments.

Climbing Santas!  Perfect!
Finally, I watched one of the girls wrap some left overs.  Usually we would just throw the left overs in a styrofoam box and call it a day.  Not in Korea!!!!

 They literally put the pizza in a nice pizza box, and then proceed to wrap it in ribbons.  To make a little carrying case. Of course the whole thing is color coordinated and the ribbons have perfect little spirals.  It really is precious.
Op! You caught me being a tourist!

No comments:

Post a Comment