Monday, December 20, 2010

Cuter in Korea (2)

Date: 12/07

Another example of the superb cuteness factor here in Korea are the puppies.  This is a subject near and dear to my heart.  I am a dog lover, plain and simple.  I have a puppy--her name is Tullah.  

Everyone: meet Tullah: 


This is 2 Christmases ago--when I first got her.  She is 2.5 pounds here and is roughly the size of a teddy bear.  I could literally take her into stores in the States and people would stop and ask me if she was real. She was absolutely precious.  I often fear that I have a harder time leaving Tullah at home then I do my family (but I don't try and think about it too much because it is the one thing that, without a doubt, makes me cry). 

Anyway, here's Tullah all grown up.  And since I'm introducing dogs, the following picture is Lucy, my mom's English Bulldog.



Anyway, I thought Lucy and Tullah were brand-spanking cute.  And then I cam to Korea.  

Now, I deplore the way Lotte Mart keeps the puppies in plexi-glass 1.5 ftx 1.5 ft boxes.  It is a typical "pet store"--which just breaks my heart.  But the good news is whenever I go look at the puppies, I never see the same ones.  So I'm guessing their cuteness completely wins the hearts of people like me and they get bought up like candy. 

Sorry for the bad quality--the plexiglass is not exactly the most see-through of materials...





I mean, can they be more precious?  They are all fiesty, playing and chewing on their water bowls, rolling around in the blankets, growling and yipping at the puppies on the other side of the wall.  It is just too cute.

Luckily, I already have a puppy and I do NOT (I repeat: NOT) want another.  It would be like cheating on Tullah.  Do not worry, Mom and Dad, Tullah is my one and only.  

I am currently getting my puppy fix by stopping every person I see with a dog and asking if I can pet their pup.  Which basically means, if you have a dog in Gunsan, I will accost you on the street.  The random, strange Waygook is going to speak unintelligible things to you and then attempt to pet your dog.  But, luckily, being a waygook, I can sort of pull it off.  And if I say, "Sooo cute! Pretty!" and make kissy face noises, usually the owners end up smiling at the stranger petting their dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment