Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Lesson Fun

Date: 12/16

Teachers across the peninsula have probably been teaching Christmas--or will for the next week.  The test was last week, the students have become brain dead, and these two weeks the students are not going to be tested on.  So it's fun, culture time.

And what could be more fun than Christmas, right?!

Well, Christmas is not as jolly here in Korea.  (Read, my students are little grinches!)  I walked into class on Monday, wearing a festive Reindeer antler headband and one of my students said I looked stupid.  Which, five girl students promptly said that, "No!  Meggie Teacher looks cute-e!"  Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Anyway, one of the exercise teachers have implored students to participate in is writing Santa a letter.   I wish the following story could have been one of my students, but no, it was a friend's in Seoul.

She wrote: "Today we are writing letters to the North Pole.  My co-teacher, after reading a student's work said, "You're not allowed to threaten Santa!"

She then posted the student's letter: "Hey Santa, I just want 50,000 cash.  That is very, very, very, very little cost for you....If you will not give me that, I will burn your raindeer, then crash your sleigh."

Little darling...

No comments:

Post a Comment