Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Kim's First Christmas

Date: 12/24 (Christmas EVE!!!)

In the package my parents sent to me for Christmas, they also included a few small gifts for the Kim family.  Ms Kim is my co-teacher, and the wonderful lady who helped me get adjusted my first week.  I have become good friends with her, and I really like her children: Suk Young (5) and Suk Jing (2).  In fact, Suk Young called me his Aunt.

The Kim's are Christian, but they don't really celebrate Christmas.  What I mean is, they only go to church, and maybe 1 present for Suk Young (Suk Jing has been too little to get any presents thus far).  But that changed this year--much to everyone's surprise!

I brought in the gifts and discreetly gave them to Ms Kim.  I did not buy anyone else Christmas gifts because I have been lazy.  Not going to sugar coat that one...I've been lazy.  If I was on top of my game I would have made little ornaments for everyone.  But, not this year.  So I didn't want to broadcast to the rest of the teachers that I was giving Ms Kim a present.

This is how Suk Young and Suk Jing ended up having their first Americanized Christmas.   And I think, as you can tell from the pictures, they loved it!


Suk Jing had never been given a Christmas gift before so he was especially excited. 
Although I'm not quiet sure if they understood the concept of American Football.  Ms Kim tried to explain that it was like Soccer in Korea...but I'm not entirely sure a 2 year old can grasp that concept....
So precious!
My personal favorite picture of the bunch.  That's one excited kid saying thank you in the only way he knows how.
Touchdown!
Just a fun note: 100th Blog Post!

1 comment: