Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas in Korea

Date: 12/24 (CHRISTMAS EVE!!)

I got a package in the mail last week and discovered that my parents are super cool people--which I sort of already knew.  In addition to some Christmas presents, they also sent me a 2 ft Christmas tree and lights so that I actually have something to put my gifts around.  And when I opened my Aunt's package, I discovered some candy canes (which are not in Korea so Thank You Karen and Randy)!!!  So I moved my TV (Because, seriously, I've turned it on once in two months) to the floor and put up some Christmas cheer.

Lights off!

Lights Off
Lights On and Off!
"Oohh...pretty!'
But I did not just decorate my little tree.  The Apartment is appropriately Christmas-tized:


And because my Christmas Soul has been depleted so much of the extreme festiveness from the homeland, I also have gone a little bonkers at school:

"Tee-cha!  So cute-e!"

I have been wearing this headband and Santa's hat for 2 weeks now.  These girls decided they would model it for me...so I'm getting them in the Spirit Also!

The Christmas Game we've been playing in class.  Note the garlands--the students have been writing their 3 favorite things about Christmas on the paper and then we make class chains.  
This is one of my country school classes.  We have Ms Cho (pronounced Joe) on the left, my only English Co-teacher for Oku Middle School.  

And then my city school also has been Christmas-tized.  There's me in the front in purple and Mrs Park right behind me.  One of my four co-teachers at city school, the lady who did the video lesson with me, and the one who picked me up the first/second day in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment