Sunday, December 12, 2010

Adults are just grown-up kids

Date: 12/7

Every year the English department gets a bit of money to upgrade their supplies.  This year, Ms Kim was very interested in getting some games for the classroom.  She asked my opinion for games and I told her about Upwards which she really liked.  Other games she purchased were scategories, junior pictionary, uno, and another card game.

But, as a teacher, you can't just expect the kids to know how to play the games.  And because most of these games were American (or Non-Korean in origin) it meant that even the teachers didn't know how to play.  So....that meant after school, one day last week, I got to go play board games with two of my co-teachers: Ms Kim and Mrs Lee.
Setting up Junior Pictionary



I will admit to being very intimidated by the Korean's artistic skills.  In general, every Korean I've met has mad drawing skills.  I am not artistic--at least not through pen and paper.  But it turned out to be a lot of fun!  And it added another level to the game thinking that these women were playing a game in their second language.  That's pretty amazing!

Some of the pictures we had to draw:




Answers: Stir and Flat Tire

No comments:

Post a Comment