Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Years Day: 2 PM

Date 1/1/11

The Seoul CountDown was an amazing event with a lot of singers.  It was neat to see some groups feed into each other. 

But without a doubt, the biggest group of the night was 2PM.  When we purchased the tickets, we really didn't look at the list of artists.  But it did say "Super Big Guest Artist."  We still figured that we wouldn't know the group.


But, low and behold, we get the program and look at it and go, "Holy Crap!  2PM!  I know who 2PM is!"  In fact, when I did my first KPop post, they were one of the groups I used.  But, just in case you have no idea who I am talking about, here's a quick run through of 2PM (thanks to Wikipedia.)

Originally part of a 11 member boy band, they split back in before 2008 to create two groups: 2PM and 2AM.  2PM was originally a 7 member group, but do some to bad translation, the oldest member removed himself from the group.  Interestingly, they have more a "mature pretty boy" image.  They are known for their acrobatic dancing. 

They're most famous songs are:
  • Again and Again
  • I Hate You
  • HeartBeat
  • Without You
  • I'll Be Back
I actually know some of the lyrics to Heartbeat and Again & Again.  (Granted, most of the lyrics i know are the random English words thrown into the Korean, but I definitely know the tunes and such!)

When we saw that 2PM was playing, we were super excited. 

We move into the crowd about 30 minutes before 2Pm is supposed to come on (which, ironically, was 2AM).  But the crowd really liked the DJ and I think the producers had him play longer.  So, it was more like 50 minutes before 2Pm came on. 

I was bouncing up and down next to a Korean and his waygook friend.  I pointed to the stage and said, "When's 2PM coming on?"  The waygook smiled and pointed to his equally bouncy Korean friend and said, "I know!  He really loves 2PM and can't wait!"  The Friend's eyes got huge and he frantically tried to regain his cool image, "No!  I love Girls Generation!"  (Which doesn't really inspire much more confidence...).  I yelled back, "Me Too!  I love Girls Generation and 2PM!"  We yelled back and forth a little bit, extrapolating about the virtues of Kpop sensations. 

At this point the waygook friend started shoving his friend to go up closer to the stage.  I didn't really think that was going to be possible, we already were pretty tight.  I was wrong.  When the stage flushed black, it was like a swirming vortex blackhole that sucked people up to the front of the stage.  The Korean friend grabbed my hand and, with his pushing, and the swirling vaccum that was the 2PM excitement, I found myself 1/2 the distance to the stage--bairly 20 ft away. 


I whipped out my camera, and I wasn't the ony one.  I love this next shot because it was just a 'point and click" (basically all my pictures were point and clicks so I was super happily surprised when they turned out great).  But it is great!  I love all the cameras, the stage, the dancing came out halfway clear, and its just a great shot for hte feel of the night.

The first number was fun. I honestly don't even remember the song order, but I know they sang Heartbeat, Again & Again (the two I know! YEAH!)



It was interesting because in the concerts I remember back from home, the singers didn't do a lot of talking.  But it was much different.  Between each number, the boys would stop and talk to the audience. 
This was a great time to get shots because they weren't like crazy jack rabbits hopping and givving all over the stage.
They are introducing themselves here.  You can tell who are the popular guys by the sheer ear-popping screams by the female ladies in the audience.  I have once heard someone say they have never heard the RCA dome get as loud as it did during the NSYNC concert--and I think the officials would say the same about this Times Square Mall. 

They are all quiet cute.  
 Now time for some dance moves. 
Oh yeah, I'm cool...Shoulder frisk.

Get ready...

BAM!  Human pryamid!
 This next seqeunce is from their song HeartBeat.   I konw this because i have seen the music video.  I was actually really surprised how the dancing really is the exact copy from the music videos. 

I also was pretty awed by their formations.  There were a lot of triangles, Vs, and other shapes that emphasized their group number.

Love
 Going to Egypt...

 The end of HeartBeat.  They basically stand around the one guy and pump their chests like an overexagerated HeartBeat.  It made me laugh.

I think my favorite 2PM guy is the 2nd from the left--because he is wearing an English Bulldog on his shirt.  Shout out to LUCY!
 Okay, they are getting hot and sweaty now.  That was funny to see.  But I image those jackets get really hot. 

I took a couple videos also, but I need to wait until I'm at my own computer to upload those--not the school computer.  So...come back tomorrow and see some videos!  Until then, I will leave you with some videos from Youtube!

HeartBeat

Again & Again
This is a live version--and besides the breakout beatbox in the middle--this is almost exactly what we saw.  (Except, we had 6 members, not 7).  








No comments:

Post a Comment