Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jeju: Day 3: Another Garden Park

Date: 12/27/2010

We went to another garden/park thing after lunch.  We were running a little low on sanity by this point.  Literally.  You'll see...

The Inside Area of the Garden:

It started out fairly normally.  We went up to an observatory to look around the island.

Then we walked through the "Tropical Garden" area, looking at various types of fruit and seeds.

And then things started to go down, sanity wise.

It started with a melted car (like all insanity descents, right?)
Then it progressed to a train.

Basically, we saw the train had just arrived and we basically ran like 3 year olds to get on the next cho-cho ride.  Yep, that's right...3 grown women were practically bouncing in our seats to go on a choo choo train ride.
The driver came around, collecting tickets, and so we had to get off; we were chestfallen.  Until we figured out how to buy tickets and then got back on the train.  It took off in about 3 minutes and we were ready to enjoy a riveting ride around the park.

At one point, the doors opened and a lady in our cab got out.  So...I got out also.  The doors closed behind me.  The train went about 2 feet before it stopped again and I was able to hop back in....Kat and Sarah were laughing their behinds off.

The train led us around a "Japanese garden" (in which we all went, "We're in Japan!"), a "French Garden" (In which we all went, "We're in France!"), and by a bridge (there was no saying for that--sorry).

We walked back to the bridge after the train ride:
Then we went to what we named "Amsterdam" because of the pinwheels.  You can say the madness took full effect here.  I claimed that I wanted to do a cartwheel in front of Amsterdam. So...we did.
Then we attempted to do a double cartwheel....it didn't work as well.


Then we decided we were going to be ballerinas.

Sarah was a much better ballerina than I was.
This prompted me to try an climb a tree.  Do you know how long it's been since I attempted such a feat? Apparently, too long.
I got stuck here....I couldn't stop laughing!
Then we got another stamp on our fictional passport and went to Japan.
Crossing the bridge into Japan.
There was a zen rock garden:
I decided, if he could play in the rock garden--so could I!

I didn't really think the act of throwing rocks in the air though.  Because, what goes up...must inevitably come down.
I was finding rocks in my pants, shirt, hood, and in my shoe for the rest of the day.  In fact, on the plane back to Seoul, I found a rock in my hair--about 4 hours later!

This garden/park was another high light of the trip--because of the laughs we had on it.  We were constantly smiling, laughing, and just making a goof of ourselves.  I love being a waygook!

No comments:

Post a Comment