Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Silly Moments in Seoul Subway Stations

Date: 11/30


So, we are headed to the bus terminal stop in the subways after EPIK orientation, right?  We're in Seoul and I'm lugging my suitcase up and down stairs (I've heard rumors that the Subways stations have been built deep into the ground--like really deep into the ground--as a sort of bunker system in case NKorea decides to go off the deep-end), around escalators and through those little spinning human counters where you have to swipe your card for the arms to spin so that you can get through.  You know what I'm talking about?  They have them at baseball stadiums to let you in.  If your card doesn't read, you can't through.   Well, I was walking through one of those devil machines and I make it through....but my bag doesn't.  It is a wheely bag with one of those extendable handles.  My handle SOMEHOW got caught on one of the arms of the spinner.  And when I passed through, the arm of the spinner automatically stops.  Unfornately, my extendable handle was stuck on the frozen arm.  Like, it was stuck. Absolutely stuck!

I blocked traffic.  I held up lots of people, but because I was foreigner it was ok.  Plus there were dozens of other spinner things to walk through.  Scott left me out to dry--stinking kiwi!  Eventually the maintance man at Seoul Subway Station came and then a kind Korean man somehow got my thing un-locked by a trick with un-extending the handle on my suitcase, some tricky maneuvers, and just plain luck, in my mind.  

But I thanked him and went on, about fifteen shades of embarrassed. So, thank you to the strange man who unlocked my suitcase.  Because I was totally dumbfounded about what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment