Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oku School Festival (Part 6: Finishing Up)

Date: 11/12/2010

So, I am finally going to finish up writing about my country school's festival.  The afternoon held more performances--but they were student led (not teacher led).

The first show after lunch was a jump rope exhibit.  Have you ever seen some good jump roping?  No, well go YouTube it--they are pretty fun.  Apparently some of my grade 2 students actually won a state (province)-wide jump roping contest in Jeonju the week before!  When I heard this, it made me take ALOT of pictures.  They were pretty good!





I even took some movies!




After that, we got to the music portion of the day.

They basically hooked up a Karaoke machine and the students had signed up to sing.  They DID step it up by having teachers play both a saxophone and the drums.  All the students were good, with some really exceptional ones every once and a while.  It was fun to watch--if not SUPER load.



There were some very good guitarists.
They really liked the black skinny jeans, black button-up shirt, red tie and gel-ed hair look.  


The difference between having a small school and large school--small schools can turn into an authentic concert scene.  Jumping, yelling, arms thrown in the air...it was a hey-day. 


Some students were not as interested in the music...they played games on their cell phones!



It was very loud, but I enjoyed it.  By 3.30 I was ready to go home, listen to some silence, and think about my funny students.

The next time I would come to school, I would have to be actually teaching, so I enjoyed getting to know my students in a relaxed manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment