Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Towel Shop

Date: April 12, 2011

This might be a little strange, but it is hard to find full size body towels in Korea.  The towels you find in your local Lotte Mart (department store) tend to run in what an American would call a "Large Dish Towel" size.  About this size:
Basically they are big enough to cover from shoulder to rear, but leave a lot of fluffy-warm-towel-happiness-fealings to be desired.  If you are one to snuggle up in your bath towel after a shower--these are not the towels for you.

But, last week sometime I was walking home a different route.  As noted, it is now sometimes Spring, and it sometimes is even warm, so I've been trying to explore a little bit more on my walk home from school.  And I walked past a store that had all these different types of clothes hanging on display racks outside.  I had walked past it before, but never really looked inside.  Nor actually looked at the cloth hanging.  It was too cold--I just wanted to get home.  But today (or that day) was a strolling day.  So as I strolled along the street, I took my time and actually looked at the pieces of fabric.  And came to the miraculous discovery: THERE ARE BEACH TOWEL-SIZED TOWELS IN THIS STORE!

To me, this is a golden ticket.  I was so happy.  I rushed inside and gazed in happiness at the towels:
There are a lot of towels in this store.  It made me smile.
I picked out two and paid for them.  I now have a spare set of towels for my apartment.  Until this breakthrough, I had only my one big fluffy purple towel that I had brought from home.  And while I love it, it takes some time to dry--so I have been in the situation that I have to use a dish towel (or tea towel) to dry my body with.  It always feel weird drying oneself with the Valentines or Snowman dish towels that Mom has sent you in a care package.  Not quiet what they were expected to be used as.

No comments:

Post a Comment