Sunday, April 24, 2011

Service-e

Date: April 14, 2011

I have been having some dry skin problems so I went to buy some heavy duty, industrial strength moisturizer at a local beauty store.  The beauty stores are everywhere in Korea, and after yoga, I popped into one called Tony Mac.  (I don't think they are related to the Mac store--beauty or korean--in America).  I floundered a bit when a sales lady comes up to me with a big smile, but looking very nervous.  With a friendly "Hello!"  she waits for me to explain why I am in the store.  I circle my face and say "dry skin."  Luckily, it worked.

The lady showed me over to the moisturizer section and, brokenly, explained that they have a 3-in-1 moisturizer set.  Step One; Toner.  Two: Emulsion.  Three: Cream.  I had no idea what Toner and Emulsion are... and I couldn't really flip the box over and read the description, either, because it is in Korean.  But later I found out that toner is "designed to cleanse the skin and shrink the appearance of pores" while emulsions are...well...I'm still not sure what the emulsions are for (Thanks wikipedia).  I ended up purchasing the cream (because the little sample dap she put on the back of my hand was super nice) and said maybe later I would buy the other two.  They are each 14,000 won (or about $15) and, to me, that is a little expensive.  Probably not to most people, but when I normally buy lotion it is some gigantic tub for $7... This bottle fits in the palm of hand.

Anyway, the lady kindly took me back over to the counter and proceeded to help me check out.  And then she gave me a whole slew of "samples." Or in Korean: "service-e"
I took a picture of all my "service-e" once I got home.  I have two "moisturizing, whitening" masks, a box of cotton pads, and 3 tubes of Elumsion and 3 tubes of the Toner--in addition to my original purchase of the moisturizer (in the box).   The moisturizing packs usually cost 2,000-4,000 won ($2-$4), and same with the cotton packs.

As for my review on the moisturizer.  It is wonderful.  My skin is clearer and it feels better.  I have used 1 and 1/2 of the tubes of Toner and Elumsion, and fully am prepared to go an buy the real sized product.

No comments:

Post a Comment