Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pumba Festival

Date: 5/28/2011

This past weekend, Sarah and I went to Eumsang, South Korea to participate in the Pumba Festival.  Pumbas are traditional Korean beggars. They are at basically every festival in Korea.  Traditionally, they begged for food or money, but now I believe it is more for entertainment.  They do things like singing, dancing, cutting candy, and comedy.

We went with the company Adventure Korea.  It was part of a weekend package trip: Pumba Festival, Sea Rafting and Paintballing. My camera died on  the first event (Sad face!) but I will be posting more pictures after I steal the pictures from Sarah's Facebook.  (hehe!)

First, we put on some Pumba Clothes.  The festival is also a photography contest and we were models for the photographers!  Dressed up foreigners were a huge attraction.

Our clothes--fun hats!

Pose, before the make-up!

Before make-up

After make-up.  I haven't seen myself yet.

Now I have seen myself.  Oh--wow...what did they do to my face?!?!  I particularly like the snot....
 They just used regular make-up and facepaint--so we all inwardly groaned at how much our skin was going hate us, but that didn't stop Sarah and I from enjoying ourselves!

Sarah's turn!
A friend we made on the trip.  Love the uni-brow.


We had lunch and this girl was sitting at the table.  She was precious!

The girls wanted a photo with the foreigners.
After getting all dressed up, we went to go pound some rice cake.  This is a traditional beggar thing.

Think of your class 2-6, Sarah!  Swing AWAY!!



 As you can see, the photographers were having a hay day!

All the photographers for the "group shot"

She was trying to go to lunch and the photographers wouldn't let her pass.  "You ...very pretty!  Take pict--cha!  Smile!  Pose--su!  Pose-su!  Again! Again! Again!!!!"  

Craziness!
We weren't the only models.  These guys were painted in gold and were "statues."  They did a really good job. 


More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment