Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life

Date: May-June

This month has had some major ups and some major downs.  When you live abroad, life continues to go on when you are home.  The hardest thing about living in Korea is not actually anything related to Korea at all.  I miss home.  My family.  My Friends.  I am missing out on a lot of things.  Some things are glorious things.  Some are things of great sadness.  This month has had some of both.

My grandfather passed away last Wednesday.   I will miss him terribly, but know that he is in a better place, looking down on us.

This is the last photo I have with my grandfather.  He was a wonderful man.   
But not all things are sad.  Today (May 31st) a new life was born.  I am so proud of my friend Meghan for delivery a beautiful baby boy, Ethan.  Congratulations Meghan and AJ!


A beautiful family!


Life goes on when you are away from home.  The heart beat of life starts and stops.  I will miss my grandfather dearly, but I will celebrate the life of my best friend's new baby Ethan.

1 comment:

  1. This post made cry! I love you Maggie! (and he was born on the 31st in this country ;)

    ReplyDelete