Monday, October 17, 2011

Lotteria = Vampires

Date: Aug 4, 2011

The Korean version of McDonalds is a shop called Lotteria.  (Cafeteria + Lotte Mart = Lotteria). (I think this is right....It could just be some Konglish...)  A Lotteria just opened up on my way to walk.  It is dangerous.  I have a habit of stopping in the morning and getting an Iced Cafe Latte.  (I have to drink my milk somehow!!!)

Anyway, I love the guy behind the counter.  He probably speaks as much English as I do Korean, but we seem to get the messages across fairly uninterruptedly.  It is the same guy every day--with a few exceptions. So, he knows that I always get the same thing: Iced Cafe Latte with 1 syrup.  Except, somedays I also get a strawberry waffle--if I haven't been to Lotte Mart in a while and don't have any breakfast food.

Well, one day while the guy behind the counter (I don't know his name...) was making my latte, I happened to take a gander around the shop.  And I alarmed to discover that Lotteria is owned by vampires.  The proproganda is written clearly and in grammatically correct English.  It is written on the walls!  In Plain SIGHT!!

"Toch me, It's so easy to leave me.  Al alone with the memory of my DAYS IN THE SUN"

"I remember the time when I knew what happiness was"

"Life was beautiful then"

"memory...all alone in the moonlight"

"I can dream of the old days"


OPEN 24 hours, because Vampires have to work at night!
Don't the quotes sound like they come straight out of Edward's mouth?  Seriously?  They do.

No comments:

Post a Comment