Monday, June 13, 2011

Pumba Extras and Boryeong Beach

Date: May 29, 2011

The Pumba festival was part of a weekend of fun: Pumba, Paintballing and Beach.

Here are some more pictures of the Pumba Festival that my friend took.




This man and his two friends were very happy to take pictures with us....maybe a little too happy.
I found these guys while watching the  real Pumba dance on stage.  Covert Operation T-shirt went underway to achieve a picture.  It was a success.


When it was time to go, we turned in all of our Pumba clothes and I went to go wash off my face.  Only, the make-up they used wasn't easy to get off.


Luckily, Sarah had baby wipes in her purse that got most of the stuff off.

Then we boarded our bus and headed off to Boryeong beach!  Yeah!  BEACH!!!  If you can't tell, I was pretty excited.


We had free time that evening so we walked on the beach, watched a beautiful sunset, found the most delicious Chocolate Milkshakes and Pizza, and played with fireworks (on the beach, I felt like a criminal--it was great!).

Pretty Sun Set


Korean women love to wear heels.  They are addicted to them.  And they wear them in the strangest places: on Ice, in the rain and ... apparently on the beach.  But they have a nifty little back-up plan if the heels don't work.  They get their boyfriend to carry them.  That's the beauty of a country that every man has to do military work!

More Sunset
 As normal, Sarah and I were goofs and decided to do some BayWatch Runs.


This was interesting.  As we were walking up and down the beach, we noticed a tracker was backing up into the ocean.  That was strange....   

But then, a speed boat comes roaring up to the tracker.  It was the land-side moving machine.  It was funny to see the speed boat roar its way onto the docking device (I have no idea what it is actually called.) But the boat would literally gun it in order to make it onto the platform.  Then the tracker would happily scoot away with the boat.

It's not illegal to play with fireworks on the beach.  So, Sarah and I bought some sparklers (12 for $4) and went to write our names in the night. 


The lights from main strip along the beach.
It was a very good day.  I really enjoyed the beach--had forgotten how much I missed it.  I didn't go to the beach near my college nearly enough --but I have a feeling I'm going to make it up this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment